'A #MyHeart shout out from a mom whose chest is bursting with pride'
This February, IOL is spreading the love with our #MyHeart competition where we are asking readers to send a shout out to their loved ones to stand a chance of winning some amazing prizes.
Here's one of our winning entries from Shamima Moollah, who has won a R1000 voucher from Black Betty.
My shout out goes to my amazingly smart, kind, caring and wonderful eldest daughter Zahra Moollah.
Life has definitely not been easy as a single mom raising 2 beautiful daughters on my own. God knows it has definitely thrown us many punches over the years but I could always count on my Zahra to be my beacon of hope whenever I felt like giving up.
My Zahra, currently a first year student at UJ, studying BCom Accounting and with no textbooks as we are still trying to get them…is such a positive human that I am so proud of. Not having textbooks doesn’t even bring her down. All she says is “don’t worry mom, I will borrow them whenever the need arises from the library”. She has helped me raise her little sister (8 year difference) by taking care of her on those days/nights when I needed to work late or leave extra early to catch my transport to work.
Zahra is such a bright young woman, who excelled throughout her schooling career, being President of the RCL of her school and the Johannesburg District as well. I could always count on this level headed teenager to always do the right thing, be responsible and astute in her choices…thus keeping to our daily mantra “always make good choices”.
I appreciate, that she was never a demanding kid. She is simple and down to earth. I appreciate that every evening when I got home from work, supper was always cooked and ready, her little sister already bathed, in pyjamas and homework done. Zahra would even have a cup of tea waiting for me as soon as walked into the home after work.
My darling daughter, you are an awesome blessing from God and I truly, truly appreciate you and love you to the moon and back!
A shout out from a mom whose chest is bursting with pride.
How to enter IOL's #MyHeart competition:
Send an email to [email protected] with a shout out to a very special someone in your life (minimum 150 words). Or send us a message or a video via Whatsapp to 0745573535.
Whether it's the love of your life, your BFF, your dog, your cat, your mom, your boss or your second-removed cousin on your grandmother's side, we want to know why you appreciate them so much.
Winners of this prize will be notified by March 6.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, so please send us your contact details with your entry.
- Selected story entries, pictures and videos will be published on iol.co.za and our social media pages.
- The winners' names will be published on our website and social media pages.
- Competitions are only open to people residing in South Africa.
- Employees of Independent Media, the sponsors & their agents, or any company associated with the competition & their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
- The entrant accepts that entry to the competition does not constitute a contract or any form of legal commitment between the entrant and IOL.