Durban - The family of missing 9-year-old Miguel Louw have
 slammed messages circulating on social media about the missing boy's whereabouts. 

On Monday afternoon messages on Whatsapp said that a body of a child was found in Phoenix believed to be Miguel's. 

Miguel went missing on July 17. He was allegedly kidnapped by a man known to the family.

However his aunt Nadia Omardeen said they did not know how legit the information is. 

"I heard about it while I was at the office, but the family has received no call from the police. 

"We need confirmation before we act. The hoax calls are most draining and disturbing."

She said  Migeul's mother was not aware of the latest message. 

"I hope no one has told her." 

On Friday r esidents gathered in the vicinity of the Wentworth Hospital after it was claimed that the 9-year-old boy had been found.

A man linked to the kidnapping was granted bail of R2500. 

This is a developing story. 

DAILY NEWS