Durban - Following the devastating floods in KZN last week that claimed the live of at least 70 people, the KZN Premier has declared Thursday as a day of mourning.
According to East Coast Radio Premier Willies Mchunu said: "The Provincial Executive Council has resolved to declare Thursday as the provincial day of prayer, mourning and [for a] memorial service," said Mchunu.
At a media briefing this week the City also said it cost the City R1,1 billion in repairs.
In addition, the premier said that he would be appealing to President Cyril Ramaphosa to declare the province a state of disaster.
Mchunu urged people to visit mortuaries so they can identify the bodies. Two people are still believed to be missing.
So far, there have been 235 homes that have been recorded as damaged.
About 1 659 people have been displaced and are being accommodated in temporary tents while 50 people are injured.