Gaining weight is easy but losing it is another story. In the past two years, home workouts have become popular, with pilates taking centre stage.
Most people have moved from doing yoga to pilates because they have more benefits, including easy workout routines, weight loss, a well-toned body and improved mental health.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s all over for yoga. Face yoga is the thing now, especially for people who want to tone their faces without surgeries or injections.
Nicole Sherwin, founder of Eco Diva Natural Superfood Skincare, says face yoga is the ultimate workout for facial muscles, promoting elasticity and toning for a sculpted and youthful appearance.
However, there is a trick though. Like any other exercise, you must be consistent to see the results.
“In a world where the pursuit of youthfulness often involves needles, injectables and scalpels, a natural revolution is taking place, bringing forth a fresh and holistic approach to skincare.
“Say goodbye to the invasive procedures and hello to the power of face yoga and acupressure -- your passport to a naturally lifted, toned, and radiant complexion,” says Sherwin.
For a sculptured youthful face, Sherwin suggests the following face yoga exercises.
- The forehead smoother: Most people get forehead lines as they age. To reduce the appearance of forehead lines, gently massage and smooth your forehead with upward strokes.
- Cheek sculptor: Enhance cheekbone definition by puckering your lips and smiling simultaneously. Hold for a few seconds and repeat for a natural lift.
- Eye yoga: Combat crow's feet by focusing on eye exercises that improve circulation and reduce puffiness. Blink rapidly for 10 seconds and repeat.
- Neck and jaw toner: Strengthen your jawline by tilting your head back and gently jutting your jaw forward. Feel the burn as you tone and tighten that jawline.
- The Zen facelift pose: Practice deep breathing while gently massaging acupressure points on your face. This calming technique not only uplifts your face but also relaxes your mind.
Remember, always massage your whole face upwards and sideways when applying skincare products to help lift your face.